Our commitment is to…
- Develop professional capacity that supports teaching and learning for students and colleagues.
- Build a deep understanding of competencies, roles, and dispositions of Teacher Leaders.
- Create sustainable infrastructure that supports collaborative discourse about leadership in Northern Nevada.
Who We Are
The Teachers Leading Change Cohort is two year professional learning program where participants receive 6 credits and a Teacher Leadership Certificate. The Cohort is designed to offer participants engaging opportunities to develop their understanding of the competencies necessary to be an impactful Teacher Leader. During the two years, participants engage in action research projects designed to improve the culture of teaching and learning in their schools. Learning during the cohort is structured around the Teacher Leader Competencies, these critical attributes shape the roles of Teacher Leaders in Nevada. Some of the content shared during the Cohort is:
- Leading in a culture of change
- Building credibility
- Adult Learning
- Facilitation of professional learning
- Designing engaging presentations
- Collaborative inquiry
-Leading Collaborative groups
- Working with Administration
Created as the niche program for Learning Forward Nevada, Teachers Leading Change is professional learning for the new Nevada. This professional learning is a collaboration between Northwest Regional Professional Development Program, Learning Forward Nevada, and Washoe County School District. Learning Forward Nevada is an organization committed to creating an engaged network of Teacher Leaders across our state. Teacher Leaders play a key advocacy role in elevating the teaching profession. We recognize that Teacher Leaders can lead from within and outside the classroom, and we must encourage their voice in decision-making across our state.